Friday, October 16, 2009

Shortbread

This is my Grampa's Recipe and it is so easy. When I was a young boy he used to make this with me, now I make it with my young son. this is what started me cooking, so hopefully it will do the same for my son too.


Thats us making the shortbread



Ingredients: -



50g caster Sugar

100g Unsalted Butter

150g Plain Flour



Preheat Oven to 170 deg C / 320 deg F / Gas Mark 3



Sieve flour into a mixing bowl, then add sugar and the butter.



Mix with your hands until the mixture becomes one lump of dough.



Place onto a floured worktop and roll to 10mm / 1 cm thick.



Cut out biscuits using scone cutter or a glass, and place onto a backing tray. My son loves to use his own cutters from his own playsets





Place in the over for 20 Min's. Check after 15-17 Min's and remove if they are light golden brown.



If the biscuits start to go golden brown they will be over cooked and taste slightly burnt. They should still be soft when you remove them from the oven.



Place on a rack to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment